Board of Voter Registration and Elections of Beaufort County
Notice of Election
You can contact the absentee precinct between 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at 843-255-6900 to request an absentee application.
Please have the following information available:
- Home Address
- Address to mail the absentee application (if different from home address)
- Voter registration number or Social Security number
- Telephone number
- Fax number to fax the application (if applicable)
- Email address to email the application (if applicable)
The application can also be completed online at http://www.scvotes.org
. The application has to be printed, signed then returned via email, fax, or mail.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 843-524-0617
PO Drawer 1228
Beaufort, SC 29901-1228
Beaufort Office: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
15 John Galt Road
Beaufort, SC 29906
Bluffton Office: Monday - Friday (September 5, 2017 - November 22, 2017)
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
61B Ulmer Road
Bluffton, SC 29910
Persons qualified to vote by absentee ballot:
- A member of the Uniformed Services on Active Duty
- A member of the Merchant Marine
- A spouse or dependent of a member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine
- A U.S. Citizen temporarily residing outside of the United States due to employment, serving with the American Red Cross, USO, Peace Corps, etc.
- A U.S. Citizen permanently residing outside of the United States
- Physical disability
- Student, their spouse or dependents residing with them who are outside their county residence
- For reasons of employment, will not be able to vote on Election Day
- Government employee, their spouse or dependents residing with them, who are outside their county of residence on Election Day
- Persons on vacation who will be outside their county of residence on Election Day
- Serving as a juror in a state or federal court on Election Day
- Admitted to the hospital as emergency patient on day of election or within a four-day period before the election
- Death or funeral in the family within a three-day period before the election
- Confined to a jail or pre-trial facility pending disposition of arrest or trial
- Attending a sick or physically disabled person
- Certified poll watcher, poll manager, county registration board or election commission member or staff working Election Day
- Persons sixty-five years of age or older